To search the promises, enter your search words:
Click/tap on a promise below for details
- “It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It’s time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.” “Establish a foreign policy that will endure for several generations.”
- Identify all foreign trading abuses that affect American workers and “use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.” This would include cracking down on “sweatshops in Mexico that undercut U.S. workers.”
- Make Mexico pay for the wall, “100 percent.” If Mexico refuses, then the United States will impound remittance payments taken from the wages of undocumented immigrants, cut foreign aid, institute tariffs, cancel visas for Mexican business leaders and diplomats, and increase fees for visas, border-crossing cards and port use.
- Continue to allow lowly paid foreign workers to come to the United States on temporary work visas to pick grapes and work in seasonal resorts.
- “Never ever put the interest of a foreign country before the interest of our country. From now on, it’s going to be America first.”
- If not properly welcomed into a foreign country, turn around and leave.
- Temporarily ban most foreign Muslims from entering the United States “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Allow exceptions for dignitaries, business people, athletes and others who have “proven” themselves.
- Become the world’s dominant leader in energy production. Attain “complete American energy independence” so that the United States is no longer dependent on foreign oil.
- Institute a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
- Ban foreign lobbyists from raising money for American elections.