To search the promises, enter your search words:
Click/tap on a promise below for details
- Modernize airports and air traffic control systems. Reform the Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration to reduce wait times and hassle for travelers.
- “Be the nation’s biggest cheerleader for school choice,” use the “pulpit of the presidency” to campaign for expanded school choice in all 50 states and support the election of local, state and federal officials who agree.
- Allow families to redirect their share of education spending to a private, charter, magnet, religious or homeschool. Provide $20 billion in federal funding to establish block grants that states could use to help children in low-income families enroll at private and charter schools.
- Take away federal tax breaks and other perks from colleges and universities that do not make “a good faith effort” to reduce the cost of tuition and the amount of student debt.
- Cap repayment of federal student loans at 12.5 percent of a person’s discretionary income and forgive any remaining balance after 15 years.
- Sign the First Amendment Defense Act if it passes Congress. [The legislation would prevent any federal agency from denying a tax exemption, grant, contract, license or certification to an individual, association or business that discriminates against gays.]
- Make the Hyde Amendment permanent [which bans the use of federal dollars for abortion, except in the case of rape, incest or a threat to the mother’s life].
- Impose a minimum sentence of five years in federal prison for any violent felon who commits a crime using a gun, with no chance for parole or early release.
- Stop AT&T from buying Time Warner, the parent company of CNN. Federal antitrust regulators would have to review and approve that type of merger.
- Push federal regulators to increase the amount of ethanol blended into the nation’s gasoline supply.