To search the promises, enter your search words:
Click/tap on a promise below for details
- Issue a moratorium on new federal regulations that are not compelled by Congress or public safety. For every new regulation that is added, two existing regulations must be eliminated. And those new regulations must pass this test: Is this regulation good for the American worker?
- On the first day in office, ask Congress to pass “Kate’s Law” [named for Kate Steinle, who was killed by an undocumented immigrant in San Francisco], to “ensure that criminal aliens convicted of illegal reentry face receive strong mandatory minimum sentences.”
- Sunset visa laws, forcing Congress to periodically review and revise them.
- Strongly enforce visa expiration dates. Complete the biometric entry-exit visa tracking system, which has been authorized by Congress but has yet to be completed.
- Ask Congress to repeal the defense sequester that limited the military’s budget.
- Create a commission to investigate “all the fraud, cover-ups and wrongdoing that has taken place in the VA.” Present these findings to Congress to spur legislative reform.
- Propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress, limiting House members to three terms, or six years, and senators to two terms, or 12 years.
- Sign the First Amendment Defense Act if it passes Congress. [The legislation would prevent any federal agency from denying a tax exemption, grant, contract, license or certification to an individual, association or business that discriminates against gays.]